Only cosmetic products that comply with the Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009 on cosmetic products that entered into force on 11 July 2013 may be offered on the European Community market.
Namely, if the following conditions are met:
- The product is safe for human health and has been manufactured in compliance with good manufacturing practice;
- A responsible person within the Community has been designated – a person responsible for the compliance of a cosmetic product;
- Cosmetic product safety assessment has been carried out in accordance with the Regulation;
- Cosmetic product information file is available;
- Information about the cosmetic product placed in the EU market has been submitted to the European Commission (CPNP);
- Composition and labelling of the cosmetic product conforms to the requirements of Regulation No. 1223/2009;
- Information on adverse effects of the cosmetic product is provided;
- Restrictions on animal testing and other conditions set out in Regulation are complied with.